OPEN CALL SMCK ON REEL // STUDIO & GALLERY VISITS
The Jewellery Video Festival at SCHMUCK / Munich’s jewelry week 2022
10 – 13 March 2022 / Weltraum Gallery, Munich
OPEN CALL FOR ARTISTS, GALLERIES, EDUCATORS
More than 40 international jewelry artists and designers have been selected to participate in SMCK On Reel during SCHMUCK / Munich’s jewelry week 2022.
SMCK On Reel will also feature the video series STUDIO VISITS and GALLERY VISITS, portraying selected artists and art venues.
SMCK On Reel offers an individual coaching program for artists and gallerists assisting them to make their own videos. Curated interviews will enable artists and gallerists to promote their work and venue effectively during SCHMUCK / Munich’s jewelry week 2022.
• 90 minutes coaching and curatorial advice on your video narrative and statement, including technical details on how to shoot your video.
• A video and communication kit with customized information on how to film and cut your video (lighting conditions, stage design, sound, film perspective etc).
• Screening of the video during SMCK On Reel at WELTRAUM gallery and the online event.
• A presentation in SMCK Magazine #6 titled: “Munich Metamorphoses” coming out in late February 2022. The issue includes an extensive coverage of Schmuck/ Munich’s jewelry week.
Artists working with textile, glass, ceramics or fashion, as well as schools and educators, are also encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please e-mail to email@example.com:
1. A short work statement and bio
2. A website or instagram link
3. A simple 10 to 30 seconds cell phone video presenting your studio or venue
No application fee is charged.
Coaching and participation fee in SMCK On Reel:
STUDIO VISITS: 180,00 euro payable in three installments
GALLERY VISITS: 250,00 euro payable in three installments
SCHOOL/ORGANIZATION VISITS: 250,00 euro payable in three installments
SMCK On Reel is curated by SMCK Magazine.
The medium video became indispensable to artists, designers and crafters during the pandemic. Its importance in introducing the public to the artist’s world, concepts and thoughts remains undisputed. Reels – the art of the moving image – deploy the artist’s narrative and enable the public to indulge in the maker’s work.
The video festival takes place during Munich’s international jewelry week, also known as SCHMUCK, one of the most prestigious meetings for contemporary jewelry, object and other craft disciplines worldwide.
SMCK On Reel takes place in the multi-awarded WELTRAUM gallery in Munich.
Participants may also present and sell their jewelry via a LIVE online event.