Intensive Four-Day Jewellery Workshop in Athens, Greece
Inspiration, Concept, Design, Communication
Total: 30 hours
The Workshop is chaired by Christoph Ziegler and Loukia Richards.
The Workshop includes
• A Concise Cultural History of Objects and Jewellery
• From Story Telling to Inspiration & Design
• Performance. Theory, development and practice
• Curated visit at the Acropolis UNESCO site. Lecture in situ on „The compatibility of politics, spirituality and art“
• Curated visit at selected collections of the National Archaeological Museum. Lecture in situ on: „Struggle, Power, Death and Jewellery“
• Curated visit at the Dafni Monastery UNESCO site. Lecture in situ on „Militant art“
• Curated visit at the Eleusina sanctuary and Museum. Lecture in situ on „Death, bliss and the mysteries of eternal return“
• Communication, PR and Promotional Strategies. Theory, examples, exercises
• Presentation (Photography tips, styling, exhibition design, social media). Examples and exercises
Workshop dates: Thu 30 January to Su 2 February 2020.
Number of participants: 4-8 artists working with jewellery, object, textile, fashion, book art per workshop team.
Artists who do not participate in the „ΠΟΛΕΜΟΣ“ exhibition project may apply to participate in the preparational workshop.
For details on how to apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participation fee: Participants of the ΠΟΛΕΜΟΣ exhibition pay 380 Euro in two installments OR 360 Euro in one installment.
Artists who do not participate in the ΠΟΛΕΜΟΣ exhibition project pay 420 Euro in two installments OR 400 Euro payable in one installment.
We offer accommodation in Athens upon request. Ask for availability!
The Athens workshop details are described in the project agreement.
Application deadline: Monday 6 January 2020,
Questions? Contact: email@example.com