Photo: “Shopping mall” at Galerie der Künstler, Munich. Credit: Christoph Ziegler.
Here is a list of reasons.
- You meet old friends. You make new friends. You meet so many people with the same passion: Jewellery. You get feedback.
- MJW has a strickt structure AND gives you a lot of freedom to improvise or add your own contribution. That makes a great mixture!
- Innovation is written on Bavarian culture + business sector DNA. This is the city to see, meet, follow avant garde art.
- MJW feels like a 4 days long urban party. You get high and there is no side effects or a day after!
- You mentor for free, you get mentored for free (always ask questions!).
- You meet jewellery art’s “legendary monsters” (and they do not bite!).
- You exchange/trade/swap insider information.
- You brainstorm for hours over a glas of beer planning new ventures, discussing new impulses, forging new alliances.
- You get so many offers and tips to develop your business or enter new territories.
- Munich is one of the major art cities of Europe: Alte Pinakothek, Villa Stuck, Pinakothek der Moderne, Glyptothek – just to mention a few addresses of world class significance. It is the ideal environment for artists, art critics, art dealers and art lovers.
SCHMUCK, Munich Jewellery Week and Business Week, Munich Creative Business Week: there are various facets of the big March event for the city of Munich. Behind the above mentioned institutions you find long term passion, planning, expertise, commitment and vision. There are many “art or jewellery weeks” around the world, but it is not the same. However their organizers can certainly profit from the experience of MJW; never forget: Rome was not build in a day!
After Myths 2015 and Test Drive 2016, Initiation 2017 was our third participation in MJW. We will be back with a new project next year, for we hate standardisation and would be bored to death if we had to repeat the same patterns of success!